Cloud Computing can be defined as:
- The potential to hire computing power / services of most sorts. For example; compute services, storage services, networking services, databases, machine learning services, etc.)
- Quickly accessible. In other words, Cloud Computing services can be availed of in a short period of time.
- Pay-per-usage. With Cloud Computing, you should only pay for what you use.
- There is no long-term contract or commitment required (Pay-as-you-go).
These core aspects of cloud computing can provide individuals and businesses with quick access to vital resources that help with delivering products and services to clients.
Cloud computing can provide quite a lot, such as:
- Reduced up-front costs. Using cloud computing services allows you to avoid the initial capital investment required for computing hardware.
- Consistent, monthly savings when compared to total ownership of hardware.
- Azure provides a vast inventory of computing services that can be availed of, which otherwise might not be available to you.
- Credible cloud computing providers offer increased security, availability and performance to users.